Forward Science Blog
Marketing Through The Mayhem
Marketing is a business tool that is often misused, misunderstood, and greatly under-appreciated. Marketing encompasses all the ways you communicate with your current and potential customers. Marketing is the process of identifying and satisfying a customer’s wants and needs. It is used to attract customers and keep them coming back. In our increasingly digital world, marketing is an essential tool that sets you apart from your competition - whether it be signage in your office, social media, or SEO. Marketing is no longer a wish list item, it is a necessity.
What Do We Mean When We Say Marketing?
- Social Media Marketing means utilizing social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and many more to promote your business digitally. This is done by posting photos, videos, graphics, and varied content on these platforms for potential and returning customers to see.
- SEO or Search Engine Optimization is the process of increasing the quality and quantity of website traffic by increasing the visibility of your business' website to users of a web search engine. In other words - if someone Googles “[insert business type & city]”, SEO increases your probability of being the first Google result.
Why Marketing In General?
- Stay top-of-mind for businesses by showing up on their news feed and Google search results. It’s much harder to “forget” about a business if you see new products, updates, and content regularly on social media.
- Promote new technology to your customers - it will encourage them to inquire about new services and offerings when they come in.
- Communicate with customers in their social media environment. Customers, and people in general, enjoy social media and being online. Interact with your customer base on the platform(s) of their preference. They're on social media because they want to be there!
- Differentiate from your competitors by sharing about your staff, your office, and what makes your business the best choice for your community.
- Send important updates to customers - particularly during this time when people are seeking information from businesses they frequent to ensure safety and proper precautions.
- Get in front of potential clients by leading Google search results and being active on social media.
Why Marketing Now?
- More people are online now than ever before. This unprecedented time that we are living in has caused screen time and social media usage to skyrocket. Take advantage of the fact that thousands of potential customers are online looking to purchase remotely and making plans for when this is all over.
- Successful marketing takes time and you don’t automatically become an expert on social media and/or SEO overnight. These practices often take weeks or months to become effective and honing those skills to create quality content takes a lot of effort.
- When your business reopens, you’ll be leading the pack. If you wait until business returns to usual to invest in your marketing, you will be behind the curve. It takes time (often weeks) to see SEO results. Work on your web presence now so you will be the top of the Google search results later.
Why Marketing With Forward Social?
- If you don’t understand social media or SEO. There’s a reason that businesses hire marketing managers. Your industry is highly specialized and it can be difficult to learn a completely new skill set while managing or working at a business. Forward Social is made up of a team of marketing professionals with years of marketing experience and background. If you don’t have time to manage your social media or SEO. We understand that managing your digital presence is time-consuming.
- If you don’t have time to manage your marketing presence, be a forward thinker
and let the experts do it for you.
To learn more about Forward Social, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or give us a call at 855-696-7254.