Forward Science Blog
Photo Documentation With SmartFilterID™
Photo Documentation with the SmartFilterID™
Six trouble shooting suggestions for your device:
- First, turn the flash OFF on the camera!
- Make sure the patient is holding a still position
- Have someone assist you in taking the picture. (Gloved clinician is retracting and holding the OralID, and secondary clinician is taking the picture- this ensures no contamination from oral cavity to phone and vice versa)
- Tap the square on the phone or hold the button halfway down on your DSLR camera, to get the image in FOCUS
- Reduce additional ambient lighting to reduce glare
- Move the OralID closer to the lesion or further away to adjust light saturation
Did you know that your intraoral camera may work with the SmartFilterID?
If you have the ability to turn the light/flash off of your intraoral camera and can get a clear focus from an extraoral position, you may be able to use your intraoral camera with the SmartFilterID. Practice taking pictures on each other in your staff, this is a good opportunity to provide proper screening for your own team members, as well. (We do not recommend placing the SmartFilterID intraorally. It could be a choking hazard and you cannot sterilize the SmartFilterID with surface disinfectants.)
To Subscribe To Our Newsletter, Please Click Here.